R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 10:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DialedIn-67
Nice layed back day to race, track had plenty of grip. I think the change made to the back section at the end of the day will work out great for all. I almost cleared the back doubles with my Blitz, but landed at the top of the last double. Since i have zero spare parts i didn't try it again. wyd was fast with Losi and proved that with set up and a great driver this truck can compete.
Will this layout stay the same for this weeks points race?
Your Blitz looked good and your old standby Slash always looks good. Thanks for props on the Losi as I have more time in that truck than both my Slash truck combined and then some. I bet I have a few hours in the Losi shocks just trying different oils and getting the truck to feel good. The Losi can work but the mid engine makes for alot different driving feel thats for sure.

I think moving the jumps back some in the back stretch will help with guys hitting that one post if they are off line. From the testing after the races I would say it was successful.

I would like to say that 99% of the guys that I saw miss the quad in the back where not lined up or came off the drop down jump a little sideways. If you stand to marshall in between the quads and the drop down jump like I did I can tell almost every time who was going to make it and who wasn't going to make it. I can't blame the layout for breaking stuff when I watched over and over the same guys going for the quad even if the where not lined up right or clearly made a mistake but still felt the need to yank it!!!!!!!!!! Moving the jumps back will help though if you make a mistake so I think everyone should be happy with the slight change for this next weekend and Tuesdays practice.

I had a blast running Pro Spec with Bob, Pat, Mitch, Matt and the others. The racing Sunday was awesome in all classes. I enjoyed watching them all.