R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-2
Thread: Mugen MTX-2
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2002, 09:49 AM
Schuie Driver
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys.......I'm hoping you can help me out here. I'm thinking of running nitro sedan this summer in our outdoor parking lot series and I don't want to spend a gazillion dollars on a car that I won't use more than 3 or 4 months out of the year. I run a bunch of electric so I'm not new to racing by any means.

Anyway, I think I've narrowed down my selection to a few cars and one of them is the MTX2. My question is, which version of the car would be better for me to purchase? The pro or the standard? Keep in mind that I'm not looking to win the ROAR nats with this car or anything and I run on a fairly small (for nitro cars anyway) track so a one way probably won't be much of a benefit. In fact if I bought the Pro I'd probably need to swap it out for a regular diff thus costing more $$$$. Are the options that come with the Pro pretty much necessities or are they just nice to have items? Could I get away with a standard car and just pick up a few choice hop ups to be competitive? If so, which ones? I'm thinking the sways and the wide front bumper are on the top of the list.