R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Proper Idle Temperature?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 02:03 PM
madweazl
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I had an .12CV (ugly square headed OS) that just flat out wouldnt run worth a crap unless it was at 240-250. I used to think it was way to hot but anything under and it wouldnt make any power. I ended up just running it at that temp range and it never failed. Gallons of gas went through that motor before I sold it and the Nitro RS4 it was in.

My HPI Nitrostar (the first high horsepower Rossi) would make all its power around 215-220. Ran it for a whole season. Had so much compression you couldnt turn it by hand throught the cutout in the chassis, my starter box that was run off a 30amp Rivergate PS would have trouble starting it on occasion (ofna 1/8 scale box).

I think everymotor is a bit different and I wouldnt worry to much about the temp range. Are you going to drive a car that bogs down all over the place just to get it in the 200-220 range? I know I'm not going too and I dont think you'll find another racer that will either. I used the Blue Thunder Race Blend and it made a big difference in the temp, was able lean it out and drop the temps a bit. I'm sure there are plenty of other great fuels now (this was about 3 years ago).