R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 08:24 AM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know mod guys really cut the sidewalls low (overall tire size) for traction rolling reasons. I have noticed tires that are SLIGHTLY bigger give you a "cushy" ride in stock class, but really hurt you in the faster classes. I have tried the super glue on the sidewall trick, and it is kinda hard to get consistent from pair to pair. (for me anyways) I just make sure i round the sidewalls really well on the truer, so transfer to sidewall from the contact patch isnt a noticeable change. If they arent rounded well, the car will seem to snap on the sidewalls, and be inconsistent. After the whole rim size discussion earlier, does anyone have the measurements (diameter) of a TRC rim and JACO rim for comparison? (i buy JACO only) 2.350 is 2.350 in overall tire size regardless of the rim size, but one would have less rubber than the other, and handle differently. I remember hearing alot of guys at the Birds last year ran 30MM rear and 28MM front, running zero toe in the rear of the car. As Davepull mentioned earlier, i wonder if it was mostly the Losi's doing it to avoid shock clearance issues.

MikeWebb: Wasnt Barry a big help last year?! I think i bugged him enough for two people!

- Dave