R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I'M HAVING PERSONAL ISSUES WITH MY 4PK OPPIONS
Old 11-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Amoeba
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toofast55
okay i tool out the regulator ran a hot lipo to the receiver and servos and seems okay on bench im going to try it this weekend.running a 4pk to a 604 receiver to a bls351 throttle servo to a 7950 hitec steering servo.i am going to try because no one here has spoken up and said they have personally fried a receiver due to unregulated power.it did wake up the servos i like what i see and alot more room in my mbx6t radio tray.
I've been running unregulated with a 604 and Hitec 7940/7950TH's with no problems at all. As others have mentioned, Futaba doesn't "recommend" you run 2s unregulated through their receivers but many people do so and I have yet to hear about anyone frying their receiver.

You may want to reconsider running unreg with the BLS351 however. I know many heli guys run the 451 unregulated with no problems but they absolutely insist you don't do 2s unreg with the 251. I'm not certain where the 351 falls in terms of voltage capacity but it's something to be cautious about.