R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 08:08 PM
blis
Tech Elite

Default Engines..

Originally Posted by authorjim
I posted a few weeks back and you guys gave me some help to get going. I am writing to thank you for the help and to let you know that the car runs awesome. I asked around before I made my purchase for which car would be the best RTR out of the box without building a kit, like a Kyosho Vone or the Xray NT1. I asked which car would be the more easily upgradeable to a race car and great out of the box. Everyone said the G4S RTR.

I am not disappointed. Right out of the box it was fabulous. The engine starts easily on a box and the car handles great on our slightly dirty moderate traction parking lot. Next time out I adjusted the chassis. Two degrees rear toe in, 2 degrees rear negativee camber, and softer springs in the rear. Adjusted the shock position in the rear on top by one hole to again soften the rear. Stiffened up the front shock about 4mm and set front toe out to 1 degree and 1 degree negative front camber. Jaco foam tire 35 shore all around. I dropped the first pinion as small as it would go. The stock engine is a decent engine mid range and goes well after the shift, but low end torgue is weak so the gears helped.
It was screaming around the track. I'm sure to you guys it would not be so awesome, but to me, a newbie, i was thrilled.

Next ia a new pipe I ordered from Team Magic and this winter a new engine.
Any recommendations?

Thanks again for all the help.
RCmushroom has Tuned GRP's ("Stopped of production" and the last time I checked for 199US + Manifold and Pipe.) I run them and they are quite good, just dont temp tune them, they naturally run cold, Ive got two and the old one dropped a plug and damaged button and piston and still runs for 20mins very happy.

Otherwise Im sure there are many views and opinions, budget and specs.. Ideally just consider who the best metalurgists are ..ie Japanese and Italians. From there JP, Nova, GRP, OS, RB.. they all honk and the key lies in the Tuned pipe and primarily your clutch setup.