R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 4pk
Thread: Futaba 4pk
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 09:27 AM
SUNA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
How is Futaba's customer service? I bought a servo 8 years ago that was DOA. Took it out of the package and it was dead. Hobby shop told me I had to go through Futaba CS (don't think they were great planes at that point, but my memory could be off on that one). Called them and the best they would do was sell me another for $75. I paid $83 new. Thanks for nothing Futaba.

I have spent thousands on radio equipment since, but not one dime has gone to Futaba after that CS experience.

Soooo, is it any better these days? I'd be interested in some new radio equipment, but I'm not going to have that happen again.
I can only speak for my experiences...but I had one bad experience after another with Futaba customer service. I was heavy into JR/KO products and then switched to Futaba. Wish I never would have. Dealing with Futaba over their 4PK was painful. So I just got fed up and sold every Futaba product I own. If Futaba wouldn't stand behind their products neither would I.

Then again, I know others who swear by Futaba. Whether or not they dealt with Futaba's CS I do not know.