R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 11-11-2009, 08:00 AM
djmachinist
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
IC engines aren't my thing but I think if you want to get a new 2wd 1/8 class going then don't make the rules too complicated to start with.

Claiming rules in my eyes are way too complicated and i don't think anyone will agree on that. I buy a new motor and because i have my setup better or my rollout is more efficient on a specific track, my motor can be claimed because someone thinks it has been modded? How realistic is that?

Specially the first year you want to make sure you have as many cars on the track as possible. Make the rules more open and more attractive so more people can give it a try. You can restrict on engine types, clutch etc but the rest should be quite flexible. Don't get bogged down by too many rules. If someone wants to give it a try with an old 1/8 ic pancar with sliding kingpin suspension at the front or a 1/8 4wd which he has modded to 2wd then let them drive. Maybe the shocks at the back could be changed to turnbuckles so it has no suspension. For the front you could restrict the shock shaft so it only can travel for a few mm. (to represent the new t-bar like front suspension on the new cars. It i just an idea but would be an easy modification.)

Just so you can promote the class and that people see those cars on the track. Realisticly, drivers won't invest 1000's of dollars into something wich might not work out in the end. Once people see these cars go and more people get familar with them you could change the rules little by little. And by time the new 1/8 cars will be the norm.

The first year is a learning year as everyone needs to get familiar with driving a 2wd car and setting it up so it will not be a full blown competitive competition anyway.

Just my 2 cents
2wd,

You have some good points, look at the earlier post with the rules, we are going to keep it simple. I'm am not for a claiming rule or anything else other than what is already in the rules about engines.

Dale