Thread: Ofna JL-10 E
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 11:03 AM
VenturaDC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casey Belarde
finally made it to the track with the new jl10e all set up for rcgt
raced it in with regular stck tc, and killed them LMAO tq'd by 2 laps and won the main by 5 laps, no real competion here
set up was great! the only problem I had was finding thes correct gearing,our track here is really small maybe 30x20
running tekin rs pro and 17.5 orion had it gear at 88/38 64p, didnt have enough bottom end so I tried to go smaller on pinion but could not get gear mesh with 88 spur, so I switched to 96/40 seemed a little better, so I guess what I'm asking LOL what gearing is everyone else running??

thanks for the help
gearing a tekin is different then anyone else, when most are geared at 3.8 im geared at 5.2 and am still faster down the straight. what version firmware are you running?

im currently geared 96/46 with a speedpassion 17.5.
if your using ver.200 or ''vegas'' start with zero timing on the can. 15 boost and max turbo with a .5sec delay.

on the real small tracks people with tekins are even almost into the 6's on their final drive. gearing it in the 4's or lower like you would for another esc could burn up the motor if you try to use the turbo function and would actually bog the motor down.