R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Ruune
Tech Fanatic

I figured as the US distributor for Go Engines, I would chime in after this thread had some time to get its point across.

So anyways, I'd like to start with the fuel. I need to make it clear that I have no financial (or otherwise) investment in Amain Fuel. That said, Mark has offered to send me some sample fuel. Since I havent seen any substantiated evidence (only vague claims and heresay, no matter how you look at it), I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt... pending the tests.

What I'm planning to do is send small quantities of fuel to a couple of my dealers, whom I trust will provide an unbiased evaluation of the fuel's performance and it's effect on the engine. Believe me, they do not want to sell a fuel that will inhibit the longevity of an engine they are selling, running, or servicing. I also have a number of resources that I trust to provide an unbiased opinion of the fuel's performance as well. I cannot provide their names, as they have obligations to other sponsors. They will not be using the fuel to race, but will be testing the fuel during private practice sessions. I have provided (or will be providing) engines for testing purposes. That way they are not risking their current mills. There is no compensation involved, no back alley deals. Just an honest evaluation of the fuel is what I asked.

That said, I'm still awaiting fuel to sample from Mark.

Also, consistency in the blend has been brought up. As it stands now, the version of Amain fuel that would be sold here will come directly from his supplier (here in the states), and ship directly to dealers across the US. As far as coloring, I dont really care what it looks like. I've seen some undyed fuels that are a bit soupy and purple, yet perform flawlessly. I'm more interested in nitro purity, content, composition of the lubrication, and percent overall content of the lubrication composition. Also, what is left over after combustion... i.e. burnt parafens and ash.

I already do have a number of domestic suppliers for fuel; Nitro Juice, Maxy's, and Byron's are a few of the names I trust. However, bringing another quality fuel supplier to the party is better for those who count: The dealers and customers (you).

I would like to take a minute to address some of the stabs at Go Engine in general. First and foremost, I want to make it know that both I and the owner of the Go Engine Taiwan want to ensure that our engines perform at the level expected: both in terms of performance and longevity. If you have concerns about the new engines, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] and I will do my best to address your concerns. If you have a legitimate beef with Go, please feel free to speak your mind, but I ask that you keep these posts logically written and well thought out. Posting unsubstantiated opinions (be it good or bad) do not help either side of the argument and do more to discredit other posts you make. This goes for both supporters and non-supporters alike. Simply saying something like "GO ROCKS!" or "GO SUCKS!" has no argumentative value.

Anyways, I realize that there have been some issues in the past (carb seals, etc). Let me assure you that we have addressed -or are addressing- many of these concerns, if not all. We are also working on ways to improve the line and bring more value to the Go line of engines. The inclusion of the T3 plug, shim, and extra conrod are a direct result of this.