R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is there a good car for both drifting and touring? Looking for a quality 1/10 roller.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:07 PM
small=breakable
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Is there a good car for both drifting and touring? Looking for a quality 1/10 roller.

Hi. I am hoping to find a 1/10th scale car that can be switched from touring to drift mode by simply swapping wheels out. Is this a realistic aproach? (I know it will need to be 4wd). I am hoping to buy it for less than$300 if possible. Because I will be driving mainly on parkinglots it should probably be a shaft driven car to prevent any damage from debree to the belt. This does mean that I will be suffering from the known problems of shaft driven cars though. I don't care if it is used as long as it is in good condition. I have been looking through the classified ads on here but am not sure of the best model for me.

I am new to the ONROAD part of rc. I own a rustler vxl and brushless micro-t and want to start drifting and do a bit of carpet/asphalt racing. I will not be competing in drift competitions but I really want to drift around parking lots. I just bought a new 4600kv mamba max motor and castle 10th scale esc and now need a chassis to complement it. I will also be purchasing a body, servo, and spektrum reciever.