R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SANDBAGGING AT BIG RACES!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
savage.25
Tech Fanatic

i dont race RC's but i do race lawnmowers. and sometimes we get some sponsorship (dad gets sponsorship for the local fair racing) and if there's money they will split it up... but we dont get jack other than that..

my opinion- if you have a sponsorship you should be racing in a different class, but it doesnt make you an expert.. so what ya'll are saying is that if i got a sponsorship for parts or something and went RC racing even though i've never raced before that would make me an expert??? like come on... thats bull.. the guys that have put the time and money and have been racing for like at least 5 years should be considered "experts", NOT some joe schmoe thats just starting out.. its not fair to the guys that have a ton of money invested and race every weekend..

now i dont race lawnmowers for money, we do it because we want to, i'd love to have a sponsorship on parts but thats not gonna happen.. a weekend of camping and racing isnt cheap either..

like edumakated said they place us according to lap times and put all the slow guys together, medium guys together and fast guys together to keep it even. we were racing at the local fair this year and my dad is the organizer of the racing, and i won 1 heat and i got bumped up with the BIG boys there was a two 12hp (me and another guy), one 17hp and a 440 sled engine (known as an outlaw) and so there was no friggin way im gonna win it..

Last edited by Jaz240; 11-09-2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: to many curse words