Thread: XX-4 Forum
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 AM
b4maz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by 7.5man
b4maz:

So after you removed the tabs on the top cover you used velcro. So I take it that the non velcro ribbon part is threaded thru the holes in the chassis where the nimh's would have been? And the ribbon strap is underneath the chassis and the velcro part attaches on the top over the batteries to secure them?

Is it possible for you to get some pics from the top and bottom of the chassis with the batteries installed?

thanks....
Its not like that. I should take some pics later. Basically, the Velcro is on the bottom of the saddle pack and I put Velcro on the chassis underneath the pack. I didn't shave off the battery hold down nubs completely, But now I can slide a hard cased lip-po underneath the belt cover/battery hold down. This keeps the pack from coming up, and the Velcro keeps the pack from sliding. Its not an elegant solution, but it works VERY well. I've had some bad tumbles and I haven't had the packs ever come loose.

It would be nice to get some Velcro straps, or make a mounting system like the B44. Put aluminum posts in front and behind the pack and put a CF plate on top.