R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 AM
BSchorr
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spongerX
Stock up on extra diff bolts/nuts. Associated part # 6575. Around $2.90 or less at most places.
Put the diff spring in a vice grip or some sort of clamp for 1-2 hours to reduce the tension in it. It makes doing up the diffs a lot easier.
When putting the stock nylock diff nut in the plastic T piece make sure its fully seated at the bottom before trying to do up the bolt. Tap the nut in place with another tool first to fully seat it.
Be really careful tightening this bolt/nut combo. They strip super easily so it's good to have a couple spares on hand. Associated part # 6575 comes with the nut seated in the T piece already.

Other than the diff the car goes together really easily. I found drilling the shock caps with a really small drill bit helped me get zero rebound on the shocks. Theres a molded area on the cap that looks like this was planned but not done for some reason. Shocks work ok with just the bladder minus the foam pieces.
I was looking on AE's website, and found another page, where KHebert talked about his setup, He said he likes to use the dif nut that comes with the B4/T4's... Might be worth a cheap try. I mena.. If people are having to much trouble with these little terds... Is there a aluminum or something solution?