R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Different servos for nitro cars? (i'm ex-electric)
Old 01-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Ah10
Tech Master

Default Re: Servos for the masses

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

Once you have run a high speed Digital steering Servo in your Car/Truck, you will never be satisfied with anything else.

For the Throttle/Brake, a decent Analog servo will provide everthing you need.

Comments on Hitec;

I purchased the Hitec 625/645 series servos for their performance to value ratio, but have had problems with EVERY single one (digital and analog). I'm lucky if they go over 3 months without a failure. The last one failed with very little actual use.
NO linkage binding and endpoints are always set with room to spare.
The 1 Hitec 5925 servo that I have has been trouble free for over a year and I currently have a total 5 Hitec receivers in my Cars/Trucks and they have also been trouble free.

It is my belief that Hitec has used parts of lower specs in these servos to get the manufacturing costs down and this may be the reason for so many People having problems with them.
On my 5th scale I have all hitec servos in there, trouble free also! i guess the most important thing is set the epa right and the neutral point right then you will not be strainning the servo.

I have 5945 high torque for front brake and rear brake/throttle and 5735 monster torque on steering. if these servos survive in 5th scale I dont see why it would not work on both 10th and 8th scale. I still have one 5925 on my mtx as throttle and KO 2143 on steering and I have futaba 9451 on MRX they all work very good!