R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine Mods
Thread: Engine Mods
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 07:53 AM
EdwardN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by theRED5
Those were very detailed articles on boat engines, and combat airplane engines, but where are the ones about CAR engines? Specifically on tuned pipes and stuff on cars.
I am 100% agree with Stefan. What is the difference between RC cars engines and other type engines. Actualy nothing. Every application required adjustment of varibles ( timing, balancing, pipe length etc). General principals are totaly the same.
In Pipe wise, just can tell you, in air modeling and boating is use single period resonance tuned pipe and in RC cars ( due to the car's sizes) it is two period ( two cycle), means you need to devide all varibles in half ( lenght etc). Single cycle pipe is much more efficient and when pipe kicks in it sounds as exploded "bomb". I have tryed my boat's .15 pipe on car -it was amesing, but it was hanging out of body like cucumber ( 6 inches) and it is totaly illigal. LOL, but was working realy great.
But because it is, two period pipes, we need to take to concidiration-wave is loosing its power on second return ( when most charge happened), so our goal is to save power of that second return wave as much as possible. If it is loose it will not be that efficient.
So here is thing to think about ( and make experiments).

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 01-04-2004 at 08:37 AM.