R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Truggy
Thread: Truggy
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 05:35 PM
race raider
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
The link to www.z-carusa.com is in my signature did you miss it?
I was trying to tell the history of the cars since they are so relatively new and came out just as the recession hit; talk about poor timing, lol.
We are not the manufacturer, but a specialty shop. We are sponsored by Z-Car (our race Team is), sell directly to the end user and to other hobby shops as well. We work with 3rd party aftermarket suppliers to make parts and accessories for the Z-Car products, and with SH Engines/Z-Car and Greg Degani on product development and feedback.
We also have sponsored several large events, like the Psycho Nitro Blast II and the Wiregrass Indoor Nationals, we are currently sponsoring the Psycho Nitro Blast III, and the Alabama Manufacturer's Cup, and of course Degani is already qualified for the Worlds.
I became intrigued by the out of the box thinking of the Z-Car design when it first came out and reading about it in RCCA and Extreme RC. I knew it was a tough market to get into and there was basically almost no promotion being done, so the car was basically unknown and really only being sold by Hobby People.
I got a Z-Buggy, built it and was blown away by its quality, 7075 alum everywhere, and the extreme attention to detail the designers/engneers put into it. I raced it a few local races and was amazed by the steering, lightness and performance it had. Not to mention the durability!

I saw that nobody had taken this car and promoted it, or really done much with it so I decided it was a great opportunity to get in with a young product that had made a believer out of me, and open Z-CarUSA a online and physical hobby store that would specialize in these vehicles and give them support above and beyond. We have a solid client base and any of them will tell you we are a great company to deal with. Our Team Drivers are winning series and races wherever they race, and locally in Georgia we have been breaking track records and pretty much dominating at the local tracks!!

We are a small company compared to the established heavy hitters, but I will put Z-Car quality up against anything made!
Want something that is artificially priced low that is ludicrously durable, light and fervently supported? Give the Z-Car a try, there are a lot of happy troops in the Z-Army
What happened to Degani I have not seen his name in any of the big races is he just doing testing for the Z car or is he still racing