Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 09:47 AM
chris moore
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Greuthof
Servus

Im new in this forum and my name is Stefan from Germany.
i drive Touringcar and Pancar since 5 years, Carpet and Asphalt .
Just in time I drive 1/12 CRC genx with a 27t Brushengine and a 2s2p 1800 mah 1/18 Lipo go well in the Crc,.
A 6-7min journey time with a 54mm Rollout is therefore possible.
Topspeed over 50 km/h.

The 1/18 Lipo is cheaper than the 1S Lipo and you have enough Power for the BEC and needīnt no Booster,for a fast Servo.
More voltage for the same Power signify less current in the system=less burden.

I think about whether possible the Microsystem from 1/18 controller and engine built in the 1/12 for longer journey time??

Have everybody in this forum this opportunity test drive?

I think a complete 1/18 Setup is perhaps cheaper than a 540er Brushless and a speziall 3,7V controller and a 3,7V 40C 5000mah Akku etc.

i enjoy over your answer.

I apologize me bad english.

mfg stefan
Myself and at least one other person that I know of have and are experimenting with 380 motors/esc's. So far I have only been able to try this twice and am still working on the gearing. The motors are a difficult fit due to the shorter armature lenght of the 380 motor. I'm no expert so I'm just fooling around with it but I'd say that for this to work it would require major design changes. And because these 380 motors are not universal to other RC platforms(except 1/18) accepttance might be difficult. Just my thoughts.