R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 07:15 AM
sidecarphil1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fishnfst
quick question about the kingpins that go into the front uprights.. My older swift uses the ma18 part. IT's the larger panhead philips kingpin.. I believe it comes in the parts a bag. Is there a replacement for it? Maybe a flanged tube setup like in a touring car. I've been running mine with just a tiny bit of blue loctite but they inevitably come loose and I lose them. Then I'm stuck buying the whole parts bag again.. I've noticed on some mo3r's they use a different front suspension setup.. I haven't been able to handle one extensively enough yet to check it out. It looks like a much smaller diameter kingpin or screw going through the c-hub into the upright.. Would a setup like that work on my mo3m swift?
the kingpins are the same Diameter , i am guessing your car was a XB built car ?this has the larger screw

mine is a kit one and comes with the smaller cross headed screw , there is some 3Racing titanium screws available for it but i hate 3Racing poop and would rather buy the parts bag than that crap

try renewing your uprights , i had to after loosing 3 screws in one day