R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Northern RC-Stiffer is better!!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 07:20 AM
Joneser
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default disaster999

The more I read this post the more ignorant Disaster999's comments become (i dont mean that in a bad way). I can understand the feeling that some of the aftermarket hop-ups are rip-offs but to get on someones post and to question it the way he does is not cool....especially as a moderator. If the RC companies are putting out such perfect equipment then why are the winning cars littered with altered chassis and parts that cannot be purchased by the public.

How many TC3's were left stock at the champs. My guess is that more than 50% of the cars had some chassis modification done to them. I know most or all of the factory drivers are running cars that have serious chassis modification....batteries moved over, lowered battery trays, graphite top decks added.....none of these are factory options. Alex lopez wins the stock class with an Xray that has its share of parts not available to the public....lightened diffs, lightened dogbones, bulkheads that were lightened, lowered, and had added mounting positions. My point is that many of the cars off the shelf are massed produced and are not perfect for all applications. If you have owned a yok or and Xray and you run on carpet it is pretty obvious that making the car stiffer is a definate plus. I for one will weed through what looks like a good idea and what looks like junk.....I am just glad that I have the opportunity to experiment a little.

Finally, Disaster....you have a nice little collection of custom knives there.....I dont know if you collect them or use them but I am assuming that you feel these are better than a knife you can go buy off the shelf...correct? I hope so or some may consider that a waste of money

Last edited by Joneser; 01-04-2004 at 06:59 PM.