R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Halloween Classic Presented by The Gate and Northeast Grand Slam
Old 11-05-2009, 11:23 AM
MikeXray
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Im not sure I completely agree. More than likely a car will find a hazard before a turn marshall will get there to clean it up. Announcements such as "go high on the straight", "be careful in the sweeper - go to the outside" really help the racer out while the marshall is making their way to the carnage. In addition announcements such as "blue car, the yellow car behind you is in first place and is coming up on you" helps both those racers navigate their way to keep things clean. The reason I suggested two announcers is it is impossible to call out lap times and watch the race for such things.

I know I had a couple of incidents I could have likely avoided with a little heads up, like a car stopped at the end of the straight while on an A main qualifying run.

That said, the announcing was the same for everyone. There are many qualifiers to pull together both your driving and luck and in the end the driver is kinda on their own. Having announced races in the past I know how stressful and difficult it can be at times. I really envy people that do it well.
It's a situation that will never make everyone happy, too many opinions, just like what classes to run. Some racers get nervous when you tell them they are doing good, some don't pay attention at all, some listen to music on the stand.