R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR banning New Truggy bodies!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 10:33 AM
NitroFreakManHo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrMagoo73
I'd like to see a truggy of any generation that looks like a real truck (with the possible exception of the CRT)... And none of them look like what I understand as a truggy in the true 1:1 sense. If you want acurate truck bodies go get a Slash or a Savage with a Proline F150 on it.

I'm in the UK, so this rule doesn't directly affect us, but if the Cab Over bodies are banned in the US chances are the manufacturers will stop making them, effectivelly banning them world wide.
++1

AGREED. Because there's no such thing as a full size truggy, they originated in RC, and therefore RC should dictate what they really are, not the 1:1 world.

Also, from a spectator's perspective, it's nice to have some differentiation, to know who's who, besides, if they can't tell that they are all truggies, racing in a truggy race, then there's no hope for them! Isn't that the point of having a race class, truggies race with truggies, buggies race with buggies...so chances are, if the bodies look different and they are racing in the same race, they are the same type of vehicle..any idiot should be able to figure that out. LOL