R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Randy_Pike
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
I have read this in another thread, I realise I should have replied here.
Below is the answer I gave in the other thread:

That explanation doesn't clarify two points.

1. Are timing boost and Turbo applied as set timing values or ramped up progressively?

2. If timing does not (or should not) exceeed 30deg, how can Turbo apply more timing if your overall timing is already 30?

One other question here that seems to be indirectly clarified but not clearly stated is whether or not there is another parameter monitored by the speedo apart from RPM. From the explanation above it seems there isn't.
Timing boost is not a full "dump" but it's is VERY agressive in it's ramp rate.

Turbo does ramp up over the course of say a second or so.

If the say you had 15 motor timing, 15 of timing boost vs. 20 on the motor and 10 on timing boost the answer is that they're the same but different.

They're the same once the car is under speed, but are different from the start to first few feet of car travel. This alone will create the need for slightly different gearing between the two.

Most onroad guys prefer less motor timing and more timing boost hence the 0 motor timing 30 timing boost setups.

Where as the offroad guys such as myself prefer more motor timing over timing boost. I usually run anywhere from 15-20 on the motor and make up the difference with timing boost depending on traction condtions.