R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Yokomo TC, the BD-5
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 05:13 AM
altreyx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by -rv-
Today is my first day driving BD5. I felt like the steering is not solid / firm specially in straight. Is it because the small amount of play in the steering link? Any tips?

Thanks
Martin has wrote a "guide" how to fix the steering slop some replies ago, i'll report what he has wrote hoping can help you (for me is working) :

Martin Hofer:
remove the 0.3mm shim between steering plate and steering plate holdes and replace it with a 0.1mm shim, put some ca into the holes of the steering plate where the flanged bearing goes in but let it dry before pushing in the bearing
this way you can take it apart if necessary
additionally:
put some (very small amount) ca on the steering posts, where the bearings of the steering plate holder are later, but first do the lower bearing, let the CA dry, push the bearing on, then put some ca on the area where the upper bearing will go, let dry and then push the steering plate holder along with the upper bearing on
place a 4*6*0.25mm spacer on top and screw it all back together

and tatatata you got a 100% slopfree steering

@ Elwyn:
package is arrived yesterday and like always everything has been perfect, always a great service from Hobby Haven, many thanks.

Ciao