View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Hebiki
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tapeykev
Good afternoon!

I hope you are all well?

I have been reading this site for some time & cannot possibly thank everyone properly for the advice that is here... and look forward to speaking with you in due course

I have been playing around with a Tamiya TT01 for a little while and have made it into a drift car...lots of fun..but think it is time to get into proffessional racing. There is an outdoors racing track that cost £25K to build about ten minutes from where I live - very lucky!

My question is - Do you know if it is possible to upgrade the parts on a T2R - to the full T2'009 or the T3 spec, at a later date?
or whether it would be worth just getting the T2'009 from the outset?

Thanks for any time you can spare...

Kevin
Kevin,

if you can pick up an issue of Xtreme RC magazine... there's a review for the T2R Pro. its a great car...and probably a good car to transition to from your TT-01. The investment won't be as high and learning curve won't be as steep.

if you find that you like the T2R Pro... then you can purchase a used T2'009 later on and use the T2R Pro for spares. plus with the FRP lower deck on the T2R Pro, its ideal for learning (you wont have to worry about destroying it and the cost of a replacement) on since the car provides plenty of traction and is only a few parts away (sways bars and adjustable turnbuckles) from being very competitive.

in terms of upgrading.. see the comment above

- Chris