R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1
Thread: Xray T1
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2002, 01:42 PM
MULDER
Tech Rookie

Hey Buster, I read those sites you recommended and they are excellent. Fridays race did not go as I planned unfortunately...There were 3 qualifiers and 1 main.

First qualifier: I had bought new tires and apparently, did not use enough glue..So I had to retire early on as one of them came off the rim.

2nd : Running alrite but the rear was really acting funny...turning left the car would just 'rotate' 90 degrees and stop dead in the direction of the turn. Turning right was very unresponsive and slow.

I tried playing with the caster and weight of the oil but to no avail. I dont want to go on about the rest of the race.

I went home frustrated, took apart my car and to my surprise the front shocks were totally seized...I had to use some force to move them up and down...This explain the cars 'chattering' and excessive traction rolls ( which never happened to me before ). I lightly sanded the shock piston and bought the metal shocks bodies and problem solved..Somehow the plastic ones were 'warped' just a little bit....

As you can see, my experience the past few weeks after I got my one way have not been very pleasant...I was winning races with the stock setup but decided I want to adapt to the one way style of driving. Hopefully now with my car 'functional', I can come report some useful experiences.

btw, even with the awful bit about the shocks, the car was much esaier to control out of turns with the center one way locked. With it loose, the car wanted to oversteer.