R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 11-02-2009, 01:09 PM
djmachinist
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by garen
Here are the Italian rules, as translated by Google... I'll try to get a better translation, but I think it's pretty easy to figure out most of it:

4.11.1 The Automodelli in order to compete in this category will have to respect the rules generates them of the field track 1/8 in addition to the following detailed lists.
• 4 Wheels • Propulsion on the posterior wheels
• Prohibition of I use of the change of speed of any type and/or kind
• The automodelli they must be endowed of differentiates them on the rear axle or of “rigid pole”, they are not admitted differentiates them you any self-locking tipologia
• Chassis monoblock without articulations; it can be constituted from several fixed elements solidly between they and that they form a not deformable entirety except the natural flexibility of the materials.
• Shocks-absorber or any flexible system on the same chassis are prohibited; a support of the front or posterior train is authorized a solo, articulated at maximum three heads (balancing)
• The suspensions, also blocked are prohibited.
• The independent wheels are prohibited: No relative movement between the wheels of the same train to outside of the effects of the steering. The ship-boys of a same train (front or posterior) must be fixed on the same element (balancing chassis or). In balancing case of posterior, the axles of the drive wheels must be fixed on the same element.
• Admitted Ι the use of cardanic axle shafts.
• In case it is used of the fuselli, their implantation must be assured from (at least) a loyal element with the element of support of the train (Avantreno or Retrotreno).
• The minimal weight: 2300 grams (without transponder and with empty tank).
• The usable auto bodies can be Group C, GT1, GT2, Sport Prototype, Can-Am, Small series of the Mans. It is not demanded that EFRA are accredited
• All the types of stock-pot can be used, also without homologation EFRA • A filter is admitted air of any tipologia also without homologation EFRA • It is confirmed that the duration of the qualification batteries will be of 7 minuteren
• The participation of fired pilots EFRA To of the field 1/8 track and track 1/10 is not admitted. For all the other technical characteristics to make reference to the regulations of the field track 1/8
Garen,
Thanks for the rules posting, I'll try to "Americanise" this into something we can use. What do you think of the fuel nitro content? Most of us in open 4wd in this area are using 25% nitro. Should we propose something less: say 15 or 20 %? Any thoughts on this? Back "in the day" 40% was common, but we did not have the fuel/time issues then that we have now.

Dale