R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Stumped
Thread: Stumped
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Soundstream
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Stumped

I have a sportwerks mayhem. I just broke in the .26 sportwerks engine using the heat cycle method. I t obviously was running a bit rich, stayed around the 195-215 mark. This was with the stock body off. I took it to the park and in the back lot was paved gravel and short grass. I didnt touch the mixture, just wanted to start running a little faster, never blipped above half throttle, after 3/4 tank, now this run was with the body on, i temp guned it and it said 304! I paniced and shut her down and let her cool. I run odonnells 30% race. Ive never had one get that warm before. This buggy is new to me so im not sure what to expect, and that was also with it running rich, what happens when i begin to lean out????? I have no experience with the sportwerks engine. The body has the stock cut outs for cooling head and half the windshield is cut out so I would think its getting plenty of air???? just dont know what to do. I cant afford to trash the engine. Id appriciate any help on this one and maybe an ideal temp for this engine??