R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 10-29-2009, 03:33 PM
*1speedy
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by senna555
I dont think my point on the igt was clear.

I am sure with tinkering anything will work...the appeal of the class would be simplicity.

The pancars are pretty simple and not alot of adjustment. This would be a better start for a newbie or budget racers.

Same thing goes for the body....by running lola style body you already have max grip and steering. Much easier for a newbie/budget racer as you dont have to try to create grip thru other adjustments.

I ran gt car for a friend to break it in and attempt to improve handling...it ran the same with and without the body. I dont think the body has much of an effect on handling...that is not the case with a lola style body on a pancar electric or nitro...big difference in rear grip and balance.

On an unprep surface parking lot temp track I am sure they are a blast and great fun..however on a super clean,smooth,treated surface novelty tends to wear off quickly. I think this is why the class has not really caught on at the two permanent onroad tracks in northeast.
I have been reading these threads for about a year or so and really never say anything but seems that it’s time to speak up. By you being a so called tech master it sure seems you are a VERY LARGE hater of the GT class why is this? If you don’t like a class why not keep your trap shut there are many that enjoy this class and it is growing more and more every season & if you still feel this class is not growing why did the Ipanema GT World Championship race in Miami almost completely sell out in 3 weeks? (100 racers). If your so called chassis tuning skills can’t see the difference in driving with a body and without one I would say your deaf dumb and blind so put the crack pipe down and get some help because that has to be one of the dumbest things you have written yet. We race weekly on a clean smooth treated surface and love it more and more every week. As to not catching on at these so called permanent tracks in the northeast would one of them be yours and if so how can you blame it for not catching on if all you do is give your biased opinion. Tech Master my azz more like Tech Idiot