R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
chris mckinney
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Something else to consider that is coming in the future is the 4 wheel drives. I recall seeing years ago carpet racing where people were removing belts/drive shafts to the front wheels and running them in 2 wheel drive classes and dominating.

I have another question on the sct rules also. The blitz comes with a lot of additional rear end tuning options as stock parts in the kit like rear toe adjustments whereas the others do not. Are those going to be allowed to be used? Kind of hard to limit the other brands if the blitz comes with these also in the box, although not installed.
To answer your question - yes you can use anything that comes in the box - all kits have there positives and negatives - the blitz does not lock out reverse and is slower than the others. The strike is also slower than the slash and has some issues with the dogbones which will be resolved soon. I could go on and on but they all have there ups and downs. Based on all of Brian's testing the fastest truck is the slash, which is great because that means I can allow them to run together and not upset anyone who bought a slash, again to reiterate this I do not want to offend anyone running the stock slash from last year, so if running it this way bothers you please let me know.

I saw some people becoming a little frustrated after reading all of today's reply's, understand that this is an open forum which provides the opportunity for everyone to see people's opinions which is great but it is just that open discussion. Until the rules are posted on bumps web site these are all just ideas in an open forum. I will post the offroad rules the begining of next week after this weekend to see how it all pan's out, and to get drivers opinions that don't get on here.
Sincerely
Chris