R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD
Old 10-28-2009, 04:50 AM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I suppose finishing second might make me part of that group. I don't know about the other guys, but I struggled for a long time over whether or not I should enter, especially since I'd done well the year before. Most people I talked to made it sound easy to justify since I was allowed to run based on the rules. In the end, that's what I did, but I too wonder how many of us in the A really belonged in that class?

50% sponsorship deals are easy enough to get, and easy enough to pass up that it's not really a reasonable way to determine someone's level of ability. If we must pursue this idea of a true amateur class, it's gotta be more intuitive than the current proposal.
Hey Adam,

No you were NOT the ones I were talking about. Although from last year to this year I can tell that you as a racer have improved dramatically. You've put in a lot of time and work and it showed this year...Congrats on that. The guys I am talking about are ones who's sponsor list dissappeared on here around the time signups became open and they magically reappeared the day the got home from the race.

While I agree the system that has been put in place is not perfect.....IT is a start and can be tweaked possibly next year if the need is there. Everyone needs to just be glad that ROAR is trying to look out for the Un-Sponsored drivers now. The complaint has always been that all ROAR cars about is the PRO or Sponsored drivers anymore and not the average racer. Well they have been listening and have put the current system into play. While some may choose to not support ROAR because they cant race in a class they dont belong (not pointed toward anyone that has posted here or anyone in paticular) I think it will make for better RACING within the classes now that guys will be forced to race where they should have been for a while.

EA