R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I know a guy
Thread: I know a guy
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 06:42 PM
oggietiu
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I was also disappointed with my hudy station before cause i cant get my 808 to handle right. It turns out that I had every in reverse for camber. My steering links for toe in/out front was not balanced in the first place and I used that for my baseline setting.

The car was so twitchy and would not turn properly so I adjusted it using the trims.

One race day a Team racer checked my car by eyeballing it and told me your cambeing aint right. So he used my set up station to adjust my car.

He first adjusted my ride hight and droop telling me specifically not to use the droop adjustment for ride height. Use the shocks for ride height adjustment. I was not really giving much attention to this cause its of road and with all the bumps in the track ride hight wouldnt make a differece. I was so wrong cause toe and camber differs at different ride hieght.

He checked all my links all were fine except the steering ling for toe adjustment front. He made it equal and made equal adjustment on the setup station until he got it right. Camber was set correctly. After doing everything, he checked everything all over again doing minor adjustment. All in all he was finished in 15 minutes tops. Drove the car around the track and it was dialed.

After that I use my setup station almost every run but noticing that i dont really need it cause the setting doesnt really change. So I guess you only need the setup station one time once in a while you can just barrow from a friend. But IMO Its a needed tool for racing specially when you jump from tracks to tracks. For me I run only on one tracks so pretty much its just a on the side tool for my next kit setup.