R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:57 PM
thhrc
Tech Regular

Here are some rules that the local tracks have come up with.

It was an effort to maintain the current pec Slash class and not exclude the new trucks.

Stock RTR Spec SCT Class Rules

(Traxxas Slash, Associated SC10, Team Losi Strike, HPI Racing Blitz)

1. Batteries - Any 6-Cell Nickel based (NO 7 cells) or 2S (7.4v) LiPo

2. Body - Any SCT style body (NO BAJA BUG bodies)

3. Chassis - Stock chassis only. No modifications that will effect suspension/steering geometry (TRUCKS MUST OBTAIN FULL FRONT AN REAR BUMPERS)

4. Differential – Stock Gear diff only (NO BALL DIFFS-NO LOCKERS)

5. Drivetrain - Must retain stock drivetrain. (NO CVD'S!!!) None of the RTR's come with CVD's

6. ESC – Stock RTR ESC'S only (RTR ELECTRONICS MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)

7. Gearing (Spur/Pinion) – Any spur/pinion that will fit without modification.

8. Motor – Stock (RTR version) (RTR MOTOR'S MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)

9. Radio - Stock or Aftermarket

10. Receiver - Stock or Aftermarket

11. Servo - STOCK ONLY!!!! (ONLY RTR SERVO'S MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)

12. Suspension - Stock springs only. Shocks may not be interchanged between manufaturers! You may use any oil in the shock. (NO SWAY BARS!!! TRAXXAS MAY RUN OPTIONAL ALUMINUM SHOCK CAPS. NO EXTRA HOLES MAY BE DRILLED FOR NEW CAMBER LINK OR SHOCK POSITIONING)

13. Tires – Stock SCT tires only (RTR TIRES ONLY MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS) NO BOW TIES, SWITCHES, GOOSEBUMPS, OR SLICKS!!! ALL TIRES MUST HAVE TREAD SHOWING. NO SIPING OR MODIFICATIONS TO THE TIRE TREAD PATTERNS PERMITTED. YOU MAY RUN ANY FOAM OF CHOICE THOUGH SINCE NO 2 MANUFACTURERS FOAMS ARE THE SAME)

14. Wheels – Stock SCT wheels only (MUST RUN THE CORRECT MANUFACTURERS WHEEL FOR YOUR TRUCK. TRAXXAS/TRAXXAS, AE/AE, HPI/ HPI/, LOSI/LOSI.... NO MODIFICATIONS TO ALTER STOCK OFFSET!!!)

15. Weight (NO MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED TO INTENTIONALLY LOWER ANY TRUCKS WEIGHT, ALTHOUGH YOU ARE ALLOWED TO ADD WEIGHT...)

16. Must be 2wd only

RACE FORMAT WILL BE RAN AS IFMAR QUALIFYING. NO HEADS UP STARTS. QUALIFIERS TO BE 5 MINUTES. 7 MINUTES A-MAINS WITH ALL LOWER MAINS BEING 5 MINUTES

I feel this is the best set of rules to run buy if you are going to be running all Spec SCT. I feel that no one truck has any advantage. But I do not want to have to go out and spend another 100 dollars on tires for me and my son.
I spoke with Jimmy last night about this and told him about these rules and he really seemed to like them. Lets keep it the way it is suppose to be a spec class. copied from a post by bob moore a few months ago these rules could work but its chris's sandbox his choice