Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
The changes..

Went one step lower on the forward shock mount
Harder (red) spring installed
Moved the servo to the rearward mount but still flat on the chassis. This changed weight distribution (more to the rear), and ackerman.

That was about it. That and I corner weighted the car with 4 scales and added about 8 gm of lead on the Rx side.

But the bigges thing I did to improve the car... was focus on my line more and stop being so harsh on the turn in. I also turned my DR down (at about 55% now) even when running Black fronts /Yellow rears.

I did testing wtih Magenta all around, 2x Pink F / Magenta R, Purple F/Magenta R but they all lost grip and fuzzed up toward the end. Black and Yellow were faster through the entire race.
wow, that seems a little subtle. how low is the front shock location? is it in the shortest location and just clear of battery?

last week to get more steering i went to an angled servo and inline front axles, this seems a step too far(lap times were not much lower but less consistent). so maybe the answer is a little weight back, flat servo and red spring in the softest position.

thanks for the info.
tony