R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD
Old 10-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Dawn Sanchez
Tech Elite

Wow.. you guys... LOL

first of all, check out the meeting minutes as posted on the website. There are bullet points that describe the sportsman stock rules for 2010.

True. If you run sportsman stock, you cannot run Expert SS or Open Mod. That means.. if you enter stock, thats all you get. Stock. If you enter Expert SS or Open Mod, you can run both of them. IF YOU HAVE WON A STOCK NATIONAL in the previous five years, you can't run stock. IF YOU HAVE ANY SPONSORS, you can't run stock.

False. ROAR is not killing foam tires. There is a foam class in Expert SS and Open mod in TC. What is so hard to support in this.. ROAR is doing what should have been done years ago.. create a class for stock racers to compete and have a chance at the title.

True. Sportsman stock is rubber tire only.

True. No sponsors in Sportsman stock. Its easier to manage it than you might expect. Sanctions to the racer and the sponsor if a racer is caught violating this very simple rule.

I think this is a good move. And, to be quite honest, its the first step of reorganizing the class system. One step at a time....

Oh, and yes, I think Masters and Juniors definately needs to be looked at, seriously. For 2010, if the host wants to offer it, it will be business as usual the way the classes are built as we have not determined the most fair way to present the class. Personally, I think we could do a Junior ranking in the Sportsman Stock TC class and a Masters in the Expert SS TC class. Highest finisher in those classes gets the title(s)....... Just my view.