R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - why my new os 12tz spec2 smoke is so heavy?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:36 AM
kakluote
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by afm
Yes, leaning either the LSN or the HSN means closing the needle (turn clockwise)

From what you described as your problem, I understand that if you accelerate your engine full throttle several times, and then you let it idle, the engine stays idling high, and then after a couple of secs. the idle drops down, right??

Well as i explained , it means you have to much fuel in LSN, so you must clse the LSN needle a little at a time (1/8th of a turn), until the idle settles up into an even speed, which normally is high, so then you must open your idle screw to lower the idle speed to the lowest speed possible, without the engine shuting down.

Once you have adjusted your LSN mixture and idle speed, you must readjust your HSN, probably open it , it should finish close to 1 3/4 turns opened from closed position.

AFM

Hi Thanks!

Excatly

but, i heard that there is a different understanding of the high idle speed

say if the rpm do not want to go down smoothly.......like

when the rpm come down from very high to mid or low speed, the rpm remain some time then come down or even do not come down anymore,

it means needle is set too lean ,need open a little

this theoretics is totally different ...........

i am confused again

btw:until the idle settles up into an even speed,

does here mean the idle will come up and remain stable?

Thanks!!!!