R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Clegg

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PHI/BMI racer
Hey all, I have raced T-bar, L-bar, and I think gaga bar
I realized if you hit the right spot something will break, even the most unlikely of things. Sometimes it takes a big crash and sometimes just a tap. Don't forget if you strengthen one spot then the next weak spot will break. A friend kept breaking body posts on his TC car. He could have put aluminum posts but then the shock tower would break being the next weak joint. So be careful when strengthening certain parts...

On a different note has anyone tried a 3.5T motor with 1S Lipo? Is it as fast as 4.5T/5T 4-cells and does it last for 8 minutes?

Thanks,
Yep Yep, I am well aware of the whole weak point/stong point dynamic. My thought is the car as a whole is strong enough to handle a bigger hit, and if I do break flex plates now instead, they are cheaper than these machined delrin ball cups at almost $16.00 a pair. Of course my goal is to not tap the boards, but if you are trying to push on the limit, you do hit the wall some times. I just need to know that any small/med hit to the rear pod wont take me out of the race.

I am going to use the 304 stainless cut into 2mm rings and forced over the delrin pivot housing. From looking at the chassis there is more than enough room for that extra material.