Old 10-25-2009, 10:22 AM
glarepro
Tech Rookie

yyhayyim,

I think you are missing the point my brother. You need to understand that there is the spirit of the law and there is the letter of the law. The spirit of God's law is obviously God. At some point you have to ask yourself, "Why did God outline to us the importance of the Sabath?"

I did not say that it is not a sin to disobey God. Obviously, disobeying God is clearly a sin. What I am saying is, Racing R/C on the Sabath is not disobeying God. Racing is not work, its Rest & Relaxation. Racing is not work, bathing is not work, eating is not work, walking is not work, feeding your kids is not work. Ask a breast feeding mother how much hard work it is to feed and to take care of their infant child. They will tell you that it is ALOT of hard work. So because taking care of their baby is hard work, they should not feed or take care of their child just because it is the Sabath?? Please, lets not get God's law twisted here. According to your description of work I should not even utter a word on the Sabath because that would be considered work too. Maybe I should not even say my prayers on the Sabath either. The point I am making is this. You are incorrect in saying that God did not create the Sabath for man, because that means that you are saying that God created man for the Sabath and how silly does that sound. I think instead of following the traditions of man you should pray to God to give you the wisdom and the answer to your original question. As for me, I will always take at least one day out of my week to rest, relax, be with my family, and have fun. If that means Racing R/C then I will do it, if it means staying home and vegging in front of the tv I'll do that, if it means playing baseball then I will do that regardless of the fact that its friday or saturday. I dont consider any of those things to be work, and if I had to actually work on the Sabbath, for whatever reason, I know God will understand my reasons for working and forgive me. God knows my heart and thats all that matters.

I would also like to add a passage from the Torrah which is God's original commandment to man regarding the Sabath because I do beleive in keeping the Sabbath...
Exodus 20:8-11
"Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."

By the way, my Hebrew name is Hayyim also. It means Life.

Last edited by glarepro; 10-25-2009 at 10:44 AM.