R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FS: XTM X-Crawler Super Class Rock Crawler
Old 10-25-2009, 12:57 AM
evlwevl
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default FS: XTM X-Crawler Super Class Rock Crawler

I have a newly built XTM X-Crawler. Pretty much looks brand new out of the box as I've only put about 10 minutes of run time on it and realized this hobby wasn't for me.
I built it with good quality brand new parts and it would make an awesome crawler for someone who is really into this hobby. It was professionally built by me, an adult with over 20 years in R/C. After doing much research I made a few modifications that makes this crawler do what it was intended to do, CRAWL! I relocated the lower shock mounts down to the bottom of the lower links with long reach shocks that are much improved over the stock leaky units. The stock configuration gets the lower links hung up on everything until this modification is made. I also added an acrylic battery mount with heavy duty hook/loop fastener that transfers weight to the front axles better than the stock location. I also made acrylic gear case skidplates to keep the aluminum from getting scratched up. This Crawler is setup for 4 wheel steering depending on your radio's capabilites. If your familiar with this model, this is the one to have, and this is the later produced version that has improved gear mating and axle strength.

Heres what it comes with.

1 XTM X Crawler Aluminum Super Sized chassis. this thing is gigantic.

2 Novak Rooster Crawler ESC/55 Motors with high powered drag brakes

2 Airtronics 94162Z High torque metal gear ball bearing servos

1 Proline Custom Painted Proline VW Body with Monster energy theme paint and decals

4 HPI Purple Aluminum anodized Savage long reach shocks

1 Associated Reedy 5000mAh Pro 20C Lipo with Deans connectors already installed.

1 Y-harness from 2 Tamiya plugs to 1 Deans Connector

You will need a Transmitter and reciever to complete this model. I recommend any of the current 3 channel radios.

Price is $1,000 plus shipping to US only

Note: Small VW bug under crawler in last photo is not for sale. Only showing scale as compared to 1/10 Scale Tamiya Sandscorcher.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Crawler2.jpg
Views:	2533
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	513441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crawler1.jpg
Views:	4343
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	513442   Click image for larger version

Name:	crabcrawl.jpg
Views:	2472
Size:	64.0 KB