R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution II
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2002, 07:27 PM
TRF-Powered
Tech Master

hobbipro,

what a coincidence. the way you set up your EVOII is exactly the way I set up my EVOI. Maybe not exactly but very close. I use 70Wt oil all around, blue spring at front, white at the rear.

The car does lose some steering when entering corner with full throttle (in this case I meant, with a big corner where you can take it with full throttle. otherwise I don't believe anyone entering the corner with full throttle at all). It tends to go wide on those big corners. However, just let go the throttle a bit fixed that.

I raced my EVOI today and it sticked to the ground. however, it's top end is not as impressive as some belt drive cars.

Also, I notice that gearing evo is a lot different from gearing a belt drive car. A high gear ratio seems to do evo good. I geared at 6.36 at a mid size track, where my racing buddies geared around 7. I tried to gear close to 7 however the car didn't get a good top speed. The reason behind is, I think, is that evo has tons of torque, that's why when I gear high I get better result for top speed. (it's just what I think, maybe the logic behind it is totally wrong, since some of this gearing turns are really confusing such as High means small, Low mean big final ratio...)