R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - been out for awhile. best nitro motors????
Old 10-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awdcameolsx
There is NO WAY a picco is better then a Speed. Nor can it reach the reliability of one.

But back to the question you asked. The V-spec is still a GREAT motor. The Ninja JX .21 and Speed are now just higher power/more fuel efficient versions of the good ole v-spec. If you like raw power the JX is great. If you like sooth power the speed is amazing. I know nova's and RB's last a long time but neither seems as nice to drive as an OS. I have heard a ton of good things about the Werks B5 especially in the smooth power and run time department. For $200 it looks awesome.
The modded Picco will absolutely smoke the OS Speed in any form of performance except runtime.... The modded Picco does get good mileage, but I wouldn't say quite as good as the Speed....... seriously the Speed has nothing on the Picco, from bottom to top the Picco will mow down the Speed like its an RTR engine ! As for reliability, we get 10 gallons from the Picco's all the time, they never miss a beat... the only unreliability comes from smoked clutches LOL