R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR 5th Scale National Challenge
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 10:24 PM
timmig
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

FUN DAY TODAY!!! Got lot's of running in-- learning a little more how to drive these things!! Gonna have to build my new car to see if I can make it handle as good as the "fast guys"!! The F-1 car handles ok--but it's not capable of keeping up with Bob/Jay/or Tony. Guess I'll have to play "follow the leader" in that class for sure. Then the GT/ Street car is really good with the new "C" tires on it. WHen I change them out to play--the car is definitely NOT as easy to drive. It's got plenty of horsepower though!! I'm sure the other guys in the class will be tough too. The weather is near perfect--80 degrees and sunny--the BITE is REALLY GOOD!!! It will be interesting to see if the cars can go the 30 minutes or not. Seems you can really hammer the throttle--and that will make a big difference in gas mileage!! Ya gotta make it to the end to win!!!
Thanks to all the guys that setup the track--wish my legs would let me help. Maybe when I've lost the weight I'm working on--it will get better!!
Thanks for the help--Frank / Bob / Vic etc. CYA in the morning.
If you haven't seen 1/5 scale racing--come on out and check it out!!!
Tim