R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nova ?'s
Thread: Nova ?'s
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 09:50 PM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
I have used OS engines since i've run nitro in early 90's. I always thought about trying a nova engine. My speed motors leave me wanting for nothing, they're great. So, what's going on at novarossi? The 367 looked stellar but was a nightmare and the 21-7bt wasn't? How? The toro has a stroke length that should make it a stump puller, yet it has no bottom end? I guess the 21-4 is ok but i'm hearing mixed reviews locally. The p5 seems to be the only hold out from nova's glory days. My racing buddy runs a 21-7FMS, a little cranky to tune but has a big set of balls. Which brings me to the one engine i believe was the best nova, the 421b. How could nova stop making what i believe was their best offroad .21 engine. That engine with a crankshaft change is marvelous. Is nova going in the right direction? What happened to the 21-7bt?How did it run? I never see them. I suppose i will find that elusive crankshaft from another nova model and buy the seemingly scarce p/s/r for the 421 and piece it together. Just rambling and trying to slide the 1st nova into my collection. You 421 owners speak up. And just what exactly is the difference between the 421 and 821 engines?
The 821b is pretty badass . The fms is awesome . The toro works well and has a crazy powerband . The p5 is the best all around engine . The plus4 has everything in one engine , it is the best selling nova engine in history for a reason .

I do custom builds for customers upon requests