R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Academy SB pro carbon edition
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 07:40 AM
ksipes1
Tech Initiate

Default upgrade sheet

Originally Posted by Cain
Thanks for compliment. I would JK Racing though is a better source on that as he owned both vehicles at the same time and could compare what fit and what didn't.

Now, to the original question, I would first say what you are inquiring about for the SB Pro carbon V1 aren't the items to be too concerned about. The main fault of the SB V1 series was the where on the outdrives. Some wore faster than others. I had a set go pretty quick, and then another set that just lasted and lasted.

The plastic on the V1 series actually has more give than the V2 Pro. This is a good thing if you are starting out as it made the car a tank, but, if you need a more direct feel, go with the V2 Pro.

For $70, it doesn't sound like a bad deal if he has spares for it. I personally though would only go for it IF the car has an upgraded motor mount system similar to the Kose system. Also make sure it has the newer cvd setup as well.

I think I still have a cheat sheet that everyone online collaborated on to make with great info on upgrades and tricks with the V1 series.

Do you still have this upgrade sheet