R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Randy_Pike
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evostyle
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Let me rephrase my question. When and how is the "timing boost" added? Is it all (the amount selected) added at once or is it gradually added. Also, at what point is the "timing boost" added.

ie.... motor has 10 degrees of mechanical timing. User selects 10 for timing boost. As the throttle is pulled how is the timing boost added to the motor?

Is the 10 degrees of timing boost instantly applied to the motor?
No, timing boost is applied within the first few feet of car travel...

Is the 10 degrees of timing boost added in a linear fashion until reaching 100% throttle (at 50% you would have 10 degrees mechanical and 5 degrees of software timing applied).
No, timing boost does have a ramp but it's quite agressive.

This is what I don't understand. There must be some reason we are able to adjust both. Otherwise, the motors would be just designed with 0 degrees of timing and you would set it via the esc. Once we understand how one effects the other then and only then will we be able to utilize it to it's full potential.
Each type of timing has a different feel. Motor timing for instance seems to have an instant hit and rip feel. Where as timing boost is softer. Experiment with them for your preferred feel.

Answers in red.