R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T3
Thread: XRAY T3
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 07:27 AM
Big Features
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
XRay's way of differentiating itself in the market is with its very high quality, which is undeniable. And, as we know, generally means parts are noticeably more expensive than other brands. The perception is that you get what you pay for, and as long as people are willing to pay more because they feel like they're getting more, XRay will likely continue to be successful. You can't fault them for this, they provide a cutting-edge kit that you know is going to work, and make no compromises.

So, when a representative of the company (like a team driver) uses a less expensive part from another brand, it undermines the very core of the whole idea that paying more means you're getting better parts. How can they charge 200-300% more for springs if their team guys are ditching them in favor of springs from HPI made 15 years ago?

I can understand why they want to keep this image up. Because even with all the quality and engineering, at big races with all the teams in attendance, XRay has struggled to get a marque win for a while now.

All that said, I still want one.
What races? Xray has either dominated show or won at every national/regional race in recent memory.