Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 05:26 AM
Scottrik
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Hi Scott
yes the is the one i have.. no the booster is between the batteries and reciever.and I also turn on the esc ..scott the booster s/b wire between the esc and reciever?
I'm guessing "s/b" is "should be"?

The booster is designed to be plugged between the esc and receiver but afaik it doesn't care how it's wired in, it's the esc's that seem to care. The Novak esc's allow it to be plugged in-line between the esc and receiver (plug-n-play), uses the esc's power switch to turn the system on and off and works perfectly. One of the reasons it works like this is that the GTB 4-cell will operate at a ridiculously low input voltage. In fact the GTB 4-cell doesn't even need a booster at all, except that your servo will be VERY slow.

For the Tekin and others the booster gets wired as you describe between the batteries and the esc. I've seen people "tap" into battery voltage out at the end of the esc's battery lead where it plugs into the battery, the "neater" way (I think) is how we did JP's which was to tap into the other end of the battery leads where they deposit battery power into the esc at the lugs.