R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 19 turn vs 12 - 13 turn
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 04:38 AM
DynoMoHum
Tech Adept

OK, I basicly asked Josh Cyrul the following question... 'Tell us about what differances to expect on track under ideal conditions/gearing when you would use a 19 turn motor, vs. when you'd use a 12 turn motor'... and the following was his reply.

"DynoMoHum - I would say that on a 10 second a lap track a 12 turn would be about .1-.2 faster per lap than the 19 turn. More top speed and at least the same or more bottom end."

Pretty much backs up what I've been trying to explain.

I'd be more then happy to try and further enlighten people as to what some of the theoretical reasons I maintined the posisition I did if anyone cares to listen.

If your looking for me to humble myself first, I offer this... My comments about lower turn motors generaly being more effcient then higher turn motors is really a bit deceivng and really should be revised a bit. I'll try and explain it better... the short version is that low turn motors are clearly more effcient at high amp loads, at lower amp load they have simmilar, perhaps slightly lower effciency... again however this depends on many factors such as timing.

If you want more contorversial opions of mine on this subject of 19 vs 12 turn motors... stay tuned and I could try and explain why I feel it's misleading to state that low wind motors have lower torque then high wind motors... in fact depending on how you look at it, it's not only misleading, but it's down right false.