R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Most informative RC "Racing" Magazine?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 12:01 AM
NitroFreakManHo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

WOW...great thread! My answer to the question of this thread, I buy the all 4 mainstream RC rags, and my numero uno is XRC, followed by R/C Car and RCD, and lastly, RCCA. I enjoy reading them all.

I like the style of XRC, the direct approach, and no-bull feel you get when you read the articles. Each magazine has it's own strengths though ( although R/C Car has lost one of it's best features, Josh Langness's paint articles ). I'm also guilty of getting most of my information from the web, but I still like having the magazines ( ... afterall, I can't take my 24" iMac to the toilet with me for a good read).

Many magazines are bought by new hobbyists, and magazines have to cater to them, not just the experienced racer. Also, I would think that there are much more bashers than racers out there ( don't ask me why ), and they probably read the magazines too, so again, editors have to keep in mind who the majority of the readers will be. When I bashed, I relied more on magazines for info, but when I started racing, I started exploring the web for the information I needed( with my B.S. Filter on full power )

Nid