View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Giorgio
Meeowwww....

Ok, my plan:
It's clear the corally one cannot be used "as is".
I speak today with my machinist. If I've to get the pulley out from derlin or similar anti -friction plastic, then it will be logical following the Xray feature of a cover.
But then the size of all will be critical. Not to mention the cost of developping...

I feel it will have sense go for step. Just having a superior diff, will overcome the dirt problem....
The large diff disk will also help the system to work better, due the load to be applied over a larger area (diameter)

My developping plan:

100% a new chassis, less fragile in the front area, with "true" thickness, not 2,7mm or 3,1mm......

75% a new upper deck, more confortable for the corally connectors.

100%.... new Flexithing.
Uh? What's that?.......A new stuff. To be used on the car. Easy and brilliant way to flexy-sexy.

80% a new diff. The picture posted doesn't fit me 100%. I'd like some thing better to give a smooth action under load. Still some room for improving it.

And, Pablo, I'm more than open to work into an open base.
Sounds like you are going towards what Paul is looking at anyway. Some advice that I always suggest to Paul though. You want to keep the chassis as much losi parts as you can. That way people don't need to continually rely on aftermarket parts to keep their car running... The majority of parts will still be readily available everywhere.